Whether you are planning a trip to Vancouver or want to be a tourist in your own city, don’t miss out on these must-see Vancouver attractions!
Check out the Sea to Sky Gondola…just 2km from Squamish…opening May 16, 2014!
1. Stanley Park – 1,001-acre public park that borders downtown Vancouver. Explore the park with a one hour Stanley Park Horse-Drawn Tour! Tours run from March 7th to October 31st. Walk, cycle or rollerblade the perimeter of the park via the Seawall.
2. Granville Island – An absolute must, especially the Public Market which is open 7 days a week stocked with fresh produce, seafood, meat and everything else delicious. Don’t forget to take the kids to the Kid’s Market! Just across the Granville bridge from downtown Vancouver.
3. Vancouver Aquarium – Stop by and say what’s up to the beluga whales, dolphins, seals, sea lions, penguins, jellyfish, and of course the ADORABLE sea otters. This YouTube video of the Vancouver Aquarium’s sea otters holding hands has over 19 million views…visits and you can see them in person!
4. Capilano Suspension Bridge – In this 27 acre park, the suspension bridge reaches 450 feet across and 230 feet above the Capilano River…not recommended for those afraid of heights, that’s for sure. After you cross, check out Treetops Adventure!
5. Harbour Cruises & Events – Sightseeing tours and dinner cruises. What is a trip to Vancouver without getting out on the water?!
6. Vancouver Art Gallery – Historical and contemporary exhibitions: painting, sculpture, graphic arts, photography and video. Regional, national and international artists. Check out the current exhibition(s)!
7. Playland / Pacific National Exhibition – Rides, carnival food, stuffed animals and tons of fun. Need we say more?
8. TELUS World of Science – Wondering what that silver ball is just outside of downtown? It was from Expo 86, but now houses Science World. It’s great when you can take your kids somewhere fun that is also educational. See what’s on today!
9. Vancouver Lookout – Take a 40 second glass elevator ride to 553 feet and enjoy a 360º aerial view of Vancouver from their panoramic observation deck. Have dinner in The Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant!
10. Grouse Mountain – Take the Skyride to the top, enjoy the view, dine or have coffee. Looking for a challenging workout? Brave the Grouse Grind… 2.9 kilometre trail up the mountain known as “Mother Nature’s Stairmaster”. Track your time with the Grind Timer – swipe your card at the Grind Timer at the base of the Grouse Grind, and again at the top of the trail. (Ensure you are fit enough to take on this challenge…it’s no walk in the park!)
11. River Rock Casino Resort – Feels like a piece of Vegas. Western Canada’s only certified 4 star casino. Stay at the hotel, try your luck in the casino, check out the entertainment or just have dinner. Think of it as the perfect adult playground! The Canada Line Skytrain stops right at River Rock for your convenience. (Know your limit, play within it!)
12. Lynn Canyon Park & Suspension Bridge – It’s hard to even begin to describe the beauty of this park, or should we say “617 Acres of Lush Forest”. Check out the walking and hiking trails, grab an organic burger at the café, and if you’re feeling brave, check out the suspension bridge (it’s FREE unlike the Capilano Suspension Bridge…can you say “BONUS!”)
13. Maplewood Farm – The perfect family outing, guaranteed to put a smile on your child’s face, especially with a pony ride. Over 200 domestic and friendly farm animals and birds call Maplewood Farm home.
15. Hastings Racecourse & Casino – If you like horses and gaming, this is your place. (Know your limit, play within it!)
16. Seawall – We are so lucky to have the Seawall in Vancouver! Over 22 kilometres of path that lines the waterfront. Walk, cycle, jog or rollerblade. The perfect way to get some exercise and clear your mind!
17. Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden – Named World’s Top City Garden by National Geographic. That’s pretty good street cred!
18. Canada Place – Wondering what those 5 white sails are along the downtown waterfront? It’s Canada’s national icon and hub of activity. Check out the attractions and things you can do at Canada Place!
19. H.R. MacMillan Space Centre – Fascinated by Space? This is your place!
22. The BC Sports Hall of Fame and Museum – Located at BC Place, learn about the history of sports in BC and honor our inspiring inductees. It is also a fun and unique place to have your child’s birthday party!
24. Bloedel Conservatory at Queen Elizabeth Park – A conservatory and aviary located at the top of Queen Elizabeth Park, Vancouver’s highest point. A horticultural jewel with exotic birds, tropical ecosystems, exhibits and exciting events.
25. Hell’s Gate Airtram – Don’t let the name scare you off lol. This attraction is actually located outside of Vancouver in the scenic Fraser Canyon, but well worth the trip. 35 minutes East of Hope on Highway 1 (Take Exit 170). Includes Simon’s Cafe, Gold Panner Gift Shop, Education Centre, Fudge Factory, Gold Panning, Simon’s Wall, Observation Decks & Suspension Bridge.
Don’t miss out on all of these amazing Vancouver tourist attractions! There is no reason to ever say you’re bored in our city!